Commitment to Safety
Staff Zone pledges a commitment to safety in all that we do.
We partner with our customers to promote worker safety. Our customers and employees must understand that safety is our priority.
Likewise, our workers are held to extremely high standards when it comes to safety. We strive to prepare everyone for safe work – through proper training, attire, equipment, briefings, and weekly, monthly, and quarterly incentives. Our motto for our workers is, “If it’s not safe, DON’T DO IT.”
Staff Zone maintains an outstanding, full complement of insurance coverage. For details, click this link.
The following program elements reinforce our safety commitment, and we ask for your partnership in our efforts:
- Safety Orientations: Each Staff Zone employee receives a fundamental safety orientation, which is documented. We cover thoroughly our company safety commitment, the employee’s responsibilities, and general safety rules.
- Safety Briefings: To reinforce the importance of safety awareness for our construction force, we show our Construction Safety Orientation video each morning as part of our daily dispatch process.
- Safety Communications: In addition to regular safety communications and meetings, we provide specific follow-up safety instruction as needed in targeted situations. We also offer frequent safety reminders in our routine dialogue and numerous office postings.
- Safety Instruction – Tailored to You: Staff Zone works with each of our clients to manage specific safety instructions designed for your needs. We also make sure that each worker we supply is qualified to work the job effectively and safely.
- Safety Equipment: Employees are properly outfitted for your job. Basic safety equipment supplied includes hard hats, safety glasses, and gloves. Additional protective gear, like steel-toed boots and earplugs, can also be provided as needed.
- Safety Visits: Staff Zone continues to follow up with safety and accident prevention by playing a role at your job site. We make regular on-site visits to ensure our dispatched employees are working hard and working safe. If you have your own safety meetings or other positive promotions, we’re happy to take part in those, too, by bringing safety materials, rewards, and refreshments.
- Drug-Free Workplace Policy: Staff Zone has ZERO tolerance policy when it comes to drug or alcohol use in the workplace. Pre-assignment drug tests can be conducted upon request. And we test for any reasonable suspicion or following any involvement in an accident.
We recognize and praise safety. Weekly and monthly performance incentive programs, quarterly safety parties and raffles, client safety recognition, and performance-based bonuses for our operations and sales team are a regular part of what we do. It’s important that we do as much to reward safety as we do to prevent accidents. Our safe performance incentives create positive awareness and a safe, accident-free workplace.